The Tour de France is in fast approach, get set with Dorco’s Pace 6 Plus This July will see the start of the infamous Tour de France; the world’s most notorious cycling competition. With teams rallied around and the spirit of competition in the air, no doubt many of you will want to take to the road and try your luck at a spot of cycling. Just as the pros do, you’ll want to have your leg hair in check, to ensure nothing stops you hitting those high speeds! Dorco don’t want you to feel anything less than a champion of the track. So we’ve pulled together some top tips on keeping your leg hairs trim, so All you have to worry about is pedalling as fast as you can up those hills! Here Dorco suggests some pointers on achieving cycle-ready legs:
- Make sure you have a great razor. Try to use a product that has a high number of blades, the Pace 6 Plus is perfect for this with its six ultra-sharp blades
- When? We recommend shaving after a hot shower, this way your hair is nice and soft, avoiding any tug on the blades. The steam while showering also causes skin pores to relax and open up. This results in much closer shaves
- Where to start? Make sure you begin shaving from your feet upwards; being careful around those hard-to-shave areas like kneecaps
- Get moisturised. Be sure to use shaving foam that includes an intensive moisturiser, Aloe Vera is a great ingredient for combatting dryness after shaving
- Benefits? Top cyclists suggest that having hair-free skin allows any cuts and bruises from the ride to heal better, removal of dirt easier and ensures your post-cycle massage is as smooth as possible! In addition, specialists also say you can save around 70 seconds on average over 40km by shaving your legs!