Best types of Razors for Women
How do you purchase the perfect shaver? And what are the things to consider when selecting razors? With so many options on the market, how do you know which one is the best?
We all have different needs, but the following are a few examples of what to look for.
The first thing to check is quality of the blades. Next, look out for the following types of effective shavers and razors when shopping for your personal grooming needs:
Gentle razors that moisturise
Because shaving removes a layer of dead skin cells, it makes your skin smoother. But remember: moisturising is very important. Try exfoliating with a cleanser and bath loofah before shaving, and then use a razor with a specialised moisture strip attached. These sort of blades are perfect as they have Aloe, Vitamin E and Lavender.
What do these ingredients do exactly?
- Vitamin E helps with anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties. It is also a great moisturiser, leaving your skin naturally vibrant.
- Aloe also moisturises, and is particularly recommended for those with sensitive skin, or women prone to allergies.
- Lavender Extract rejuvenates collagen. This is great for women who want to achieve a youthful look
These ingredients are exactly what your body needs for extra protection and natural beauty.
Razors that adapt to the contours of your body
Are you familiar with trying to shave around those sticky areas? As we all know, it often results in annoying nicks and tiny cuts. This is because most razors aren’t designed to adapt to the contours of your body. Thankfully, you can now find ones that do—and some even massage your skin at the same time! Try this female-inspired razor, perfect because of its bendable ‘double 3 blade’ format, which enables the cartridge to follow your body's distinct contours for the perfect shave.
Razors with flexible heads
If you choose to shave around your bikini area, you’ll need to be meticulous and very gentle. It helps to soak in a hot tub before shaving, and to only use intimate soaps that are made for this delicate part of your body—Try to avoid harsh soaps which can result in skin irritation, or even an imbalance of your body’s natural PH. Use razors with a flexible head, which allows the shaver glide over every contour of your body with maximum comfort.Tips for protecting and extending the life of your razor:
Now that you know how to select a great razor, here are some more tips:
- To avoid your razor starting to rust (which means you should change it immediately), store it somewhere away from the shower, where heat and steam can’t easily affect its blades
- Change your blades regularly to maintain a sharp and perfect shave
- When washing your razor, be sure to flush the back of the head too—this is where it often clogs with tiny hairs. Hot water is most efficient
- Have fun with your beauty routines! Experiment with different types of blades, creams and exfoliating lotions to see which one works best for you